SOME OF OUR MOST RECENTLY COMMISSIONED AMBASSADORS:
- PNC Bank
- Future Chess Champions, Inc.
- Maryland Chess Association
- Silver Knights Enrichment – Fairfax, VA
- Connections Academy – Baltimore, MD
- UMBC Division of Professional Studies
- UMBC Bookstore
- UMBC College of Natural & Mathematical Sciences
- Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth – Baltimore, MD
- Holy Cross Elementary – Dover, DE
- Prince George’s Home School Chess Club – Bowie, MD
- T & R Merchandising (Chess Equipment) – Alexandria, VA
- Prince George’s County Home School Chess Club – Bowie, MD
- Charlotte Chess Academy & Scholastic Center – Charlotte, NC
We are currently reaching out to various individuals in our extended sphere of influence in order to establish a more formal network of partners that can help advocate for our program in several important ways.
In order to effectively accomplish these goals, we need to spread the word about our Chess Program and its goal of reaching young people and teaching them sportsmanship, disciplined study, and that it’s cool to be smart. It is our hope that you are interested and willing to serve as a UMBC Chess Program Ambassador, helping us to build our network of interested partners, possibly volunteering at future events, or making a financial contribution that will ensure our continued success as a program.
What it means to be a UMBC Chess Program Ambassador:
- Encouraging players in your network to participate in our two annual tournaments:
- UMBC Championship – held every September
- UMBC Open, Alvin S. Mintzes Chess Tournament – held every March
- Helping us spread the word about our New Chess Academy and Summer Camp.
It takes a community to build a legacy like ours and we believe that it is important to show our appreciation by continuing to pay that effort forward. We hope that you’ll partner with us in creating more opportunities for young and old alike to prosper from the cognitive, competitive, and disciplinary benefits of this wonderful intellectual sport.
For information on how to make a financial contribution to our efforts, please contact Joel DeWyer, Business Manager for the UMBC Chess Program.